A coronavirus is a group of viruses that belongs to the family of common viruses. Earlier it was only responsible for spread disease in animals but some type of this virus also effect on the human. This is the reason why its important to avoid coronavirus.
The main two coronaviruses Middle East Respiratory Syndrome(MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome(SARS) are very dangerous. More than 15k people have died with these viruses.
A new coronavirus has been found in china that temporarily named “2019-nCoV” or “Wuhan coronavirus”. This virus includes other viruses like MERS and SARS. Most people are getting infected by this virus in china and even spreading to other countries.
This is believed that “Wuhan coronavirus” have originated in the food market of china in the last month of 2019. This food market located in the city Wuhan of china that was selling wildlife illegally.
Anyone can get affected by this virus but in young children, it is most common. It is not clear how deadly the Canova virus is, but some cases can cause serious health issues and even death. It generally causes infection in the nose, sinuses and upper throat. let us see the different important pieces of information about this virus.
The different types of human coronavirus
The identification of the very first human coronavirus was done in the mid of the 1960s.
There are seven different types of human coronaviruses. Which are categorized differently according to the effect of the virus and the distance up to which it can be spread?
- Human coronavirus 229E also known as alpha coronavirus.
- Human coronavirus HKU1 also known as beta coronavirus.
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus also known as SARS-CoV.
- Human coronavirus NL63 also known as an alpha coronavirus
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus also known as MARS CoV.
- 2019-nCoV ( Wuhan coronavirus) also known as Novel coronavirus.
- Human coronavirus OC43 also known as a beta coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus
Coronavirus usually affects upper respiratory infections like common cold and fever. But this virus can also cause some serious illnesses like bronchitis and pneumonia.
Symptoms of this infection normally appear between the two to ten days after contracting with this virus.
According to the World Health Organisation, the coronavirus includes symptoms like:
- Runny nose
- Shortness in breathing
- Mucus Coughing
- Difficulty while breathing
- Blood coughing
- Sore throat
- High fever
- High in body temperature
- Tired feeling
- Pain in chest
- Tightness in the chest while breathing and coughing
- Felling lose and energyless overall
- Nasal congestion
How does coronavirus transmitted and spreads?
There is not much research yet on how this virus spreads. However, there is a belief that this virus is transferring from one person to another through the secreted fluid in the respiratory system.
Human coronavirus can easily transmit from one infected person to another via:
- Coughing and sneezing without covering mouth and nose can spread the virus by dispersing droplets of saliva or mucus into the air.
- Physical contact with the person having a virus can pass the virus from one to another.
- Touching and shaking hands also transmit the virus from one to another.
- Touching any surface contaminated with the virus and then touching your face, eyes or mouth can transfer the virus.
- In some cases, feces and urine are also responsible for the spreading of this virus.
Treatments of coronavirus
Till now there are no specific antiviral treatments are recommended by the doctors for 2019-nCoV.
If any people infected by the common virus then it will recover on their own. But people infected with the 2019-nCoV need special supportive care to relieve symptoms.
If you are concern about your symptoms and think that you may have been exposed to 2019-nCoV, you must contact your healthcare provider in your city immediately.
There are some things you can do yourself to relieve your symptoms.
- Take medicine for pain, cough, and fever. But do not give these medicines to children below 4 years without consulting with your doctor.
- Get plenty of rest at your home.
- Drink water or liquid.
- Keep using a room humidifier for your room.
- Take a hot shower to relieve your cough and sore throat.
Preventions of coronavirus
Currently, there is no inoculation to prevent human coronavirus infection. we should also know about food to avoid in coronavirus. WHO recommended some important points to reduce the transmission of this virus. This include hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Frequently clean hands by a good alcohol-based soap and water or carry a hand sanitizer.
- Always wash and sanitize your hands before eating or touching your face.
- Cover your mouth while coughing and sneezing also throw away the tissue immediately at the safe place you are using for it.
- Avoid contact with anyone having symptoms of coronavirus like fever and cough.
- Avoid direct contact with the live animal if you are living in the city experiencing a virus.
- Do not consume raw and uncooked animal products like raw meat, raw milk, seafood, or animal organs.
- Handle carefully all these raw animal products.
- Keep Clean and sanitize the surface, area, and things that are in your contact frequently.
- Avoid touching things and then touching your face in the public transport system and airport.
- Do not share foods or snacks that the others are dipping their fingers into it.
- Avoid hand checking and any physical contact with the infected person.
- Use a nose mask of good quality before stepping out.
How can you protect others?
- If you have any symptoms like cold, cough or fever stay away from the other people until you get a treatment.
- You are thinking that you may have been infected with the virus, seek medical care immediately and share your travel history with your healthcare provider.
- Stay at home and don’t go outside without recovering when you are sick.
- Do not contact physically with others.
- Cover your mouth while sneezing and coughing and then throw the tissue you are using
- Clean yourself and surface around you frequently.
Human coronavirus is spreading very quickly from chine to their neighboring city so it is very necessary to be aware and safe. In this article, we have given all the important topics related to this virus. You can prevent and treat the virus by getting all the knowledge about this virus. Help others and yourself to get rid of this dangerous virus and keep yourself updated regarding this information.