Baby food recipes are the most important thing, especially for the new mother. However, you should not require a master’s degree in cooking to make food for your baby. Some mothers prefer organic food to make food for their baby but you should always keep in mind that most of the foods may have a higher amount of pesticide recipe. So be sure before buying any food for your baby.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends waiting until completion of 6 months to your baby to start adding solid food into their diet. But most of the people start feeding at the age of 4 months of their baby. Commercial baby food loses its most of the nutrients as well as the taste of food during processing.
According to research, a baby who started eating solid food by 6 months old had a very low risk of asthma and any allergies. The most important point you should keep in mind that your baby can sit upright properly and hold their head up before starting feeding solid food.
Homemade baby food recipes for 4 to 12 months old
All these recipes are homemade which are very feeling for your baby. It contains all good vitamins and nutrients that are very important for the growth of your baby. We will learn recipes including porridges, pure, mix pure, snacks, beverage, rice dishes and many more. These are the delicious foods and your baby will love to eat.
Here is the list of homemade baby food recipes collections that are ideal for babies of 4 to 12 months old. Do try these fresh and delicious recipes for your baby which are very easy to prepare at your home. Take advice to your child pediatrician before starting feeding solid food to them.
Baby food recipes for 4 to 6 months old
In this age group of babies, you should feed them solid food with simple one-ingredient purees. Always use low acid fruits and sweet vegetables to make food for your 4 to 6 months old baby. This can help you to find out the food allergy or sensitivity for your baby.
Make a space of at least 5 days between feeding new food to your baby to identify the allergy. You can then try by mixing two or three ingredients recipes to enhance flavor and likeability.
Sweet potatoes puree
Vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants are present in sweet potatoes. We eat sweet potatoes for our health benefits so it can also be feed to babies. This is a simple recipe with a touch of water or breast milk that make it nutritious and yummy food.
- One medium-sized sweet potato
- Water or milk as required
- Put sweet potato and water in a pan to boil
- Boil about 15 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency
- Pel of the sweet potatoes and mash it with a fork. To make a smooth texture, you can blend it with a blender.
- Add water or mild to make a good consistency so that the baby can eat easily.
- Let it cool before feeding to your baby.
As we know banana is rich in potassium and fiber which helps us to give instant energy after eating. It is one of the very first foods of the baby as it is very gentle to the stomach. You have to be careful because overeating of banana can cause constipation.
- A banana
- Half a cup of milk as required
- Tale a ripe banana of small size and pell the skin.
- Masah it with the help of a fork or can use the blender.
- Add breast milk or baby formula milk to make a good consistency.
- Feed it to your baby at the same time you make.
Brown rice cereal
Rice cereal is less allergenic and gets digested easily, this is the reason why it is one of the most common food to introduce with your baby. Brown rice is packed with various vitamins magnesium and iron. This is much better than spending money on the packet and advertised commercial food. You can add a little bit of sugar if your kid is not eating it.
- Half a cup of organic brown rice
- Water as required
- Grind the brown rice into a grinder and store it into a jar
- Take half a cup of water and bring it to boil completely
- Add two to three spoon of rice powder and boil it again
- Stir continuously and make it into a thick paste.
- Feed to your baby after cooling it.
Avocado is a healthy food that is rich in good fats and vitamins. It has different important nutrients that help in developing the baby’s brain and physical health. Babies love the creamy texture of avocado puree which are delicious too. A small portion of avocado puree is enough for a day to improve the overall health of your baby.
- One medium-sized ripe avocado
- Breast milk or water or baby formula as required
- Peel the skin of avocado and cut it into small pieces
- Mash the avocado with the help of the back of the fork or blend it into the blender
- Add water, breastmilk or baby formula to reach desired consistency.
Baby food recipes for 7 to 12 months old
For 7 to 12 months baby, start feeding other fruits, vegetables, and proteins. You can make a puree with three or more ingredients for your baby at this age. Don’t forget to add only one new ingredient at a time to check the allergic reaction to your baby.
You can introduce meat and protein-based food at this stage if your child pediatrician gives the advice. Your kid is ready to eat chunkier purees, cheese, yogurt at this age. Soft cooked vegetables can be given by cutting into small pieces or mashed. This is the right time to fed them dairy products for their healthy growth.
Sole fish and veggies puree
Sole fish and veggies combination make a portion of delicious food for your baby. You may add potatoes carrot, peas, and other green vegetables. It is very easy to cook and takes hardly 8 to 10 minutes. Try to use organic fish and vegetables for your recipe so that it can not harm your baby.
- Sole fish
- Steam the fish in a steamer for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Boil all green vegetables and sliced potato into a boiler or pan
- Put all the steam vegetables and fish into the blender and blend it.
- Make a thick paste by blending properly and feed to your kiddy.
Spinach with yam
This is the very simple combination of spinach and white yam that have te very healthy dose of calcium, vitamin, and iron. Yams give a text like sweet which creates a pleasant introduction to green. Babies like the sweet texture of white yams but they do not like the taste of spinach. So the combination of both make little confusion for a kid about the ingredients.
- Half pound fresh spinach
- Half pond white yam
- One and a half cup of water as required
- Wash the fresh spinach thoroughly and steam it for a few minutes.
- Peel off the white yam and cut it into small pieces.
- Take a large pan and put yam and water for boiling. Reduce the heat on low flame and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add steamed spinach and cook until both get soften
- Let the mixture cool and then blend it into a blender or food processor.
Oats and apple porridge
This is really good food for your baby crossed his/her 6 months. Oats are the most important grain that is described in every healthy diet. Every child pediatrician recommends feeding oats to your baby if he/she can eat it. The magical ingredient that can make your oats tasty is apple.
Add a pinch of cinnamon powder an apple in baby food to make it more healthy and tasty. Cinnamon not only enhances the taste and aroma of food but also helps to improve the digestion of your baby. You can add different fruits for different tastes according to the taste of your baby.
- Two spoons of whole oats
- Half Apple
- A pinch of Cinamon powder
- Water /milk as required
- Peel and chop the apple in the small pieces so that it can cook easily.
- Take a saucepan and put your oats chopped apple and a pinch of cinnamon in it
- Add clean water/ milk up to the level so that the ingredients can deep inside.
- Put the saucepan on the stove and stir it consequently.
- Cook it for 3to 4 minutes on low flame and feed to your baby after it gets cooled.
Mashed chickpeas and vegetables
Chickpeas are a rich source of iron protein and fiber. These healthy nutrients make it fabulous food for your baby. Chickpeas and vegetable combinations make a portion of delicious and healthy food for your baby.
It should be introduced to your babies between the age of 8 to 12 months. It can cause gastric problems in babies before 8 months. Always cook well to the chickpeas before feeding to your baby. Start with an only chickpeas puree and then add vegetables to it when it suits your baby. You can add seasonal vegetables in this recipe according to your kiddy taste.
- Two to three spoons s of chickpeas or black chana
- One medium-sized onion
- One medium-sized tomato
- A pinch of salt
- Water as required
- Wash chickpeas and boil in a pressure cooker until it turns out soft.
- Wash potato and tomato thoroughly in running water and peel off the skin.
- Remove seed from tomato and chop both in small pieces
- Steam tomato and potato in the steamer or you can use idly steamer.
- Take a blender and put boiled chickpeas stemmed tomato nad potato in it.
- Add a pinch of salt and water if required and blend it properly to make a thick paste.
Just like these baby food recipes, you can try with other fruits or vegetables to change the taste of the food. I hope your baby will love it when you feed these healthy and delicious foods. Always consult your child pedestrian before introducing new food to your baby. For further queries and any information related to this article, please feel free to comment down below. You can also read the best way to lose weight after pregnancy.