Polycystic ovarian disease(PCOD/PCOS) is a very common problem in women today. This problem directly affects the level of hormones in women. PCOD causes an irregular period and makes it difficult for women to get pregnant.
It can be cured by the proper gynecologist’s treatment Similarly, diet plays an even more important role in the treatment of PCOD.
There are various causes and symptoms of PCOD which we will discuss with its effective solutions.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome or polycystic ovarian disease is a hormonal disorder that affects women in their periods of age between14 to 45.
In this syndrome, a number of small white cysts grow inside the wall of both ovaries. It badly affects the reproductive organs and ovaries of women.
Estrogen and Progesterone are the main hormones of women’s reproductive system which are responsible for the menstrual cycle. Because these hormones get imbalanced due to PCOD which causes an irregular period in women.
Symptoms of PCOD
- It is very necessary for women having a PCOD problem to know the stage of this syndrome and understand it at the right time for its diagnosis. According to the research approx 70% of women don’t even realize this problem at the starting level which creates in the future. The very common problem is an irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
Some other symptoms of PCOD/PCOS
- Increase in weight.
- Lots of Acne on the face.
- Facing lots of Hair fall or baldness.
- Growth of hair on the face and other unwanted body parts.
- Heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle.
- Pigmented dark skin.
- Cyst in the ovaries.
- Heavy stomach pain during the menstrual cycle.
- Facing problems or difficulty in conceiving a baby.
Causes of PCOD/PCOS
You will not get the exact answer to this because even doctors are not clear about the causes of this disease. But somehow there are some data of abnormalities which have been recorded in women having PCOD. let’s have a look among that documentation for the cause of PCOD:
- Presence of excess male hormones(androgens).
- Genes of the parents.
- Insulin resistance body ( when your body can’t use insulin
- Increase in inflammation level of the body.
- Disbalance in the hormones of female(estrogen and progesterone).
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- Genetic cause(inherited).
Effects of PCOD/PCOS
- The effect of PCOD/PCOS on women’s bodies creates lots of problems due to the hormonal imbalance. It affects the tissue of the entire body which further leads to the different health issues on women. The various effect of PCOD/PCOS are:
- Menstrual problem.
- Risk of cyst formation.
- High chance of breast cancer.
- Risk of ovarian cancer.
- Unwanted acne and hair growth.
- Risk of diabetes type2.
- Risk of high blood pressure.
- High blood sugar.
- Low HDL(good cholesterol).
- High LDL(bad cholesterol).
- High risk of heart disease.
- Risk of stroke.
- Short breathing while sleeping at night or sleep apnea
- Feeling like anxiety and Depression.
Treatments for the PCOD/PCOS
- There is no permanent treatment for PCOD/PCOS. we can only control it by taking proper treatment by a gynecologist and by following a healthy lifestyle. Thre are the number of treatments that can be done according to the level and condition of the syndrome.
Medical treatments envolves
- Surgery: to treat infertility.
- Clomiphene treatment: to get pregnant.
- Metformin drugs: treatment of diabetes.
- Birth control pill: to balance normal hormones.
- Hormonal treatment: for cyclic hormones.
Modification treatment that can be done by self
- Change in weight loss.
- Healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Including low carbohydrates food in the diet.
- Including the food having a low Glycemic Index in the diet.
- Eating more fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- Eating whole-grain food.
These details about PCOD will definitely help you to get the appropriate knowledge about this syndrome. Therefore if you are suffering from PCOD then please visit your gynecologist and start a proper treatment to cure it. The best starting is following a healthy diet and lifestyle so do follow your gyne and take proper steps to improve your lifestyle.